The Kefir Grains I will be using and discussing are actually Milk Kefir Grains from Russia. Additionally, there are Water Kefir Grains. Those can be used in water, coconut water etc. I intend on introducing water Kefir Grains into my diet aside from the Milk Kefir Grains. I am going to talk more about that later.
Kefir Milk can be a cultured, enzyme-rich food packed with friendly micro-organisms that will help balance your “inner ecosystem.” More nutritious and therapeutic than yogurt it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable Vitamin b. Traditional Kefir is prepared at your house as it is often for some centuries with the ancients on the Caucasus Mountains in Russia. Fresh, non-pasteurized or pasteurized full-cream, fat-free or non-fat milk. Kefir could possibly be consumed straight away or store in the sealed bottle and refrigerate for any couple of days and serve chilled. Another choice is always to ripen liquid Kefir at 70 degrees for your day or maybe more. It may then be refrigerated for more storage or served as you want. Ripening or secondary fermentation at room temperature improves flavor and increases nutrients and vitamins. Vitamins B6, B3 and B9 [folic acid] increases greatly during storage due to bio-synthesis of the vitamins mostly by yeasts of Kefir grain organisms.
The Unique Flavor of Kefir Milk
If you appreciate plain Yogurt or ButterMilk or Sour Cream you can love Kefir. Most of my pals squirm when they have been a cup nonetheless they get it into them simply because are aware of the together with your Kefir Milk. From time to time the drink is often slightly effervescent for the you earn it. I like it like this as well. You get a taste for this after some time. For individuals who cannot handle the flavors or for other reasons wouldn’t like to use milk, then Water Kefir Grains will another option. I will be posting about those shortly. Bare in mind, Drinking Kefir Milk created from Live Kefir Grains provides a very dose of probiotics. Much better than any purchased Yogurt or pill.
Recent surveys document a few of kefir’s benefits
Although kefir is usually as old as ancient time, it has only recently started be studied. Inside the June edition of BMC Immunology Journal, researchers evaluated the results of probiotic fermented milk on the offspring of nursing mice. They discovered that the milk consumption either because of the mother during nursing or from the offspring after weaning modified the roll-out of bifidobacteria population while in the colon with the mice. These modifications were with a decrease in enterobacteria population. The administration from the milk to the mothers improved their particular disease fighting capability that affected their offspring.
Offspring from mice that received the milk increased S-IgA in intestinal fluids which mainly comes from their mother’s defense mechanisms. Home loan business the amount of macrophages, dendritic cells and IgA+ cells while in the suckling period in offspring fed using the fermented milk was observed. Researchers thought may be relevant to the advance on the immunity of the mothers, which passively protected their babies. At day 45, the immune systems in the babies reached a maturity that reflected the negative impacts of your milk about the stimulation of their intestinal mucosal immunity. This study demonstrates that kefir will be advantageous to both nursing mothers in addition to their babies.
The Journal of drugs and Food, June edition, reported an investigation to figure out probiotic properties of kefir. Researchers used a carbohydrate fraction isolated from kefir to try for anti-inflammatory activity both in vitro and in vivo using rats. Results indicated a significant decline in rat paw edema and overall trauma after treatments with kefir compared to the control rats.
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) can be a natural fatty acid obtained in kefir and other ruminant products may possess anti-cancer activities in in-vivo animal models plus in vitro cell culture systems. The BMC Cancer Journal, July edition, reports research to discover the outcomes of CLA on apoptosis (programmed cell death) in human breast type tissue. Researchers found out that CLA induced apoptosis through estrogen receptor alpha while in the breast cells. These findings advise that the affect of estrogen on breast growth is modulated by CLA.
The Major Benefits of Milk Kefir
- Probiotics – Kefir contains certain healthy bacteria this is not accessible in yogurt, including Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, Streptococcus species, Saccharomyces kefir and Torula kefir. These beneficial microorganisms help support digestive health insurance and prevent the expansion of parasites from the intestines. Vitamins, such as vitamin K and B-12, are created while in the gut plus the probiotics in kefir facilitate this production.
- Possible Disease Prevention – Although more research is needed, preliminary research has shown that kefir may have an effect on cancer cells. A study in the journal “Cancer Management and Research,” published in February 2011, saw that kefir effectively prohibited the growth of malignant T-cells, which lead to certain types of cellular cancer. Another study, published in “BioFactors” in December 2004, learned that compounds in kefir will help control blood pressure levels and blood cholesterol levels in rats. More thorough studies around the effects of kefir on cancer along with chronic conditions are important to draw any significant conclusions .
- Aid in Lactose Intolerance – Although it is manufactured out of milk, the fermenting process employed to create kefir helps it be nearly lactose-free, note kefir manufacturers. Within a study from the “Journal with the American Dietetic Association” published in May 2003, researchers from Pitt University tested 15 people who have lactose intolerance and found that kefir reduced symptoms for example gas, abdominal pain and diarrhea associated with the intake of lactose. The curds in kefir are less space-consuming than those who work in yogurt, making it simpler to digest. Even if this study is promising, if you suffer severe lactose intolerance, you can with your physician before adding kefir on your diet.
- Weight loss – One cup of plain kefir contains 150 calories and 8 g of fat, 5 g that are saturated. Choose low-fat kefir if you are watching your unwanted weight, because 1 cup of low-fat kefir contains just 110 calories and a pair of g of fat, with 1.5 g saturated. Researchers from Curtin University nationwide obtained in an 2009 study that dieters who consumed five areas of dairy daily, together with a low-calorie diet, lost more importance and stomach fat than dieters who consumed just three servings daily. One cup of kefir counts as being a serving of dairy.
- Nutrition – A single serving of kefir is often a source of protein, with 8 to 11 g per cup. Kefir now offers 10 percent in the recommended daily value for vitamin-a and 25 percent of the worthiness for vitamin D. Kefir is also a method of obtaining calcium, with Thirty percent in the daily value per cup, using a 2,000 calorie diet.
To know more about Kefir you may visit: