Moist, intensely flavorful chocolate zucchini cake with Kefir. A perfect way to enjoy chocolate without worrying calories.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Kefir
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 Tbsp Cacao or cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2½ cups of spelt sprouted flour
- ¼ cup of kefir
- 3 ounces of organic chocolate chips or cacao chocolate chips
- Combine the butter and oil together and mix. Then add in the kefir, cocoa powder, grated zucchini, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together. Then add one cup of dry ingredients into the butter and oil mixture and mix well until combine for about 2 minutes. (Remember to add the dry ingredients one at a time).
- Next is to pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. If your using a bundt pan, increase the time of baking to 10 minutes.
- For the chocolate topping, on a low heat place the chocolate in a double broiler and stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and add the kefir and stir until well combined.
- Finally, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake.