Try this popular Filipino dish the Bicol Express. A hot and spicy dish made with in coconut milk, pork and with chilies.
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh alamang (tiny shrimps)
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- salt to taste
- Start by soaking the chilis in a water with salt. Leave for 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Next, mix the pork, garlic, thin coconut milk, alamang, onion and salt. Then boil and lessen the heat then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the chilis and cook unitl the liquid evaporates. And finally pour the thick coconut cream then continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.