Moist and delicious banana bread that is easy to make, just follow simple steps here.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup cups bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup sugar (rapadura or Sucanat)
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Begin by mixing the kefir and flour in a bowl and leave it for 12 to 24 hours prior to making bread. Then cover to let the flour soak.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 300F.
- Next, mix together in a large bowl the sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas, and nuts. Then add the kefir-flour mixture into the bowl and mix until blend.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix just until blended. Then pour the batter into a greased bread pan (9×5-inch).
- Finally, bake for approximately 1-1/2 hours until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. (The time of baking may vary on the sizes of pan that you are using and the number of pans that are baking at once.)