Simple and old-fashioned chicken salad recipe that is easy to make. Try this recipe now!
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2-2 cups mayonnaise (depending on how wet you like your salad)
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- salt and pepper
- Begin by placing the chicken, celery stalk and onion in a saucepan. Then let it boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cook.
- Next is to drain the liquid and discard the onion and celery. Then allow the chicken to cool. Chop the chicken using a knife or you can just use the a food processor to chop the chicken meat.
- Mix the chicken with mayonnaise, salt & pepper, parsley, chopped celery, dill seed, lemon juice in a medium sized bowl and cover. Then refrigerate until chilled.