Try this popular Filipino dish the Bicol Express. A hot and spicy dish made with in coconut milk, pork and with chilies.
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh alamang (tiny shrimps)
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- salt to taste
- Start by soaking the chilis in a water with salt. Leave for 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Next, mix the pork, garlic, thin coconut milk, alamang, onion and salt. Then boil and lessen the heat then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the chilis and cook unitl the liquid evaporates. And finally pour the thick coconut cream then continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.
Try this zesty lemon cake recipe with lemon ginger marmalade glaze. It’s easy to prepare just follow simple steps here.
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt – I used kefir
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil, such canola or safflower – I used olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – I used 1 teaspoon
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or, if you’d prefer, omit the almonds and use another 1/2 cup all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup lemon ginger marmalade, strained
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then butter an 81/2-x-41/2-inch pan and place it on a baking sheet.
- Start by combining together in a bowl the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Then in a separate bowl, pour the the sugar and zest. Rub the zest into the sugar using your fingertips until the sugar is moist and aromatic.
- Next is add the eggs, kefir and vanilla and whisk until the mixture is very well blended. Add the dry ingredients while whisking. Then use large rubber spatula and fold in the oil.
- Into a pan, scrape the batter and smooth the top.
- Bake afterwards for about 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick place on the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to cool before you unmold the cake from the pan.
- For the glaze, simply place the marmalade into small saucepan or in a microwave-safe bowl then add in teaspoon of the water and heat until the jelly is hot.
- Finally, gently brush the cake with the glaze using a pastry brush.